EveryBuddy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome To EveryBuddy. Come join our community today.

Phish: Studio Discography Reviewed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeeRain
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Male Posts : 179

Phish: Studio Discography Reviewed Empty
PostSubject: Phish: Studio Discography Reviewed     Phish: Studio Discography Reviewed Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:40 am

[SIZE="7"]Phish[/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"]Studio Discography Reviewed[/SIZE]
  Phish: Studio Discography Reviewed Phish1

[SIZE="4"]Phish Are:[/SIZE]
Trey Anastasio: Guitar, Vocals
  Phish: Studio Discography Reviewed 9e18_2583008.t

Mike Gordon: Bass, Vocals
  Phish: Studio Discography Reviewed 1187470_300

Page McConnell: Keys, Vocals
  Phish: Studio Discography Reviewed 1

Jon Fishman: Percussion, Vocals
  Phish: Studio Discography Reviewed Fishl

When many people think of Phish, the connotation is a negative one. The image evoked is often one of drugged-out hippies, tie-dye, Birkenstocks, and four equally drugged-out men playing mindless drivel for hours on end. One reviewer in the nineties went so far as to say that the band could piss in their fans' ears, and they'd steal eat it up.

What Phish is in actuality is the union of four talented musicians into one cohesive unit, a group equally as skilled in improvisation as they are in complex song structures and musicianship. While not for everyone, their collective talent really is undeniable.

With this, I have decided to post reviews of the band's studio discography, one album at a time. Ideally, I will be able to complete this by the end of the year, making this a solid guide to the studio recordings of the band in a relatively short period of time.

Phish, as a band, have recorded a total of 15 studio albums from 1986 to the present...well, one of these was actually the senior thesis of guitarist / vocalist Anastasio, but I will include it as well: Many of the band's most well-known live songs appear only on this recording.

In Chronological Order, Phish's Studio Discography is as follow:

• Phish (The White Tape) - 1986 (REVIEW POSTED! Page 1)
  • The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday (Trey's Senior Thesis) - 1988 (REVIEW POSTED! Page 2)
  • Junta - 1989 (REVIEW POSTED! Page 2)
  • Lawn Boy - 1990
  • A Picture Of Nectar - 1992
  • Rift - 1993
  • Hoist - 1994
  • Billy Breathes - 1996
  • The Story Of the Ghost - 1998
  • The Siket Disc - 1999
  • Farmhouse - 2000
  • Round Room - 2002
  • Undermind - 2004
  • Joy - 2009
  • BONUS: Party Time - 2009

I may ultimately choose to also review their traditional live recordings, in addition to possible later reviews of the Live Phish series. For the time being, however, the studio discography is my focus.

Private Label Supplements and Skin Care
marketing tips
Back to top Go down

Phish: Studio Discography Reviewed
Page 1 of 1