EveryBuddy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome To EveryBuddy. Come join our community today.

Super Smash Bros Brawl - Wii

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeeRain
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Male Posts : 179

Super Smash Bros Brawl - Wii Empty
PostSubject: Super Smash Bros Brawl - Wii   Super Smash Bros Brawl - Wii Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Released for Wii)

Super Smash Bros Brawl - Wii SuperSmashBrosBrawl

Vyse: Welcome everyone to a special review that has been done by both myself and Raw for the latest in the Smash Brothers beat em up series - Brawl. We will be having a chat with each other about the game, how it plays, what you can do, and so on, and then come to a conclusion and give a score. We hope you enjoy this special review and see for yourselves why we both think that this game is one of, if not the best game on the Wii!

So Raw why don't you tell everyone a little about the game.

Raw: Super Smash Bros Brawl is a fighting game featuring your favourite Nintendo characters Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu and so on all which have different fighting moves and styles. New characters have entered the smash bros series in this game Like The Pokemon Trainer from Pokemon- of course, Diddy Kong from the Donkey Kong series and Lucas from the Earthbound series. There are also new characters representing their own series like Captain Olimar from Pikmin, Wario from WarioWare and Pit from Kid Icarus- thats right fanboys look and fap. What was your favourite Newcomer that isn't a secret character Vyse?

Vyse: That's a good question Raw. Personally I really enjoy playing as King Dedede (yes that's a lot of De's I know!) and MetaKnight, both of whom are off Kirby fame. Now as Raw has said there are a lot of characters here old and new, so you are bound to find someone that you will recognise and love playing as. Though don't think that the roster stops there, as you will have the chance to unlock many more Brawlers through the game, including surprise new additions Metal Gear Solid's Solid Snake and Sonic, both the first third party characters to make it into the game.

So you've chosen your favourite character, now what you say, I just want to kick some ass. Well next you have to pick a stage to fight on. Again there are plenty to choose from and range from a simple platform stage like Final Destination (more on that beast later!) to the ever changing madness of Pictochat, where the stage will randomly throw all sorts of obstacles at you as you fight. So what's your favourite stage Raw?

Raw: There are lots of stages in Brawl. there are some good, bad and clever stages. When i mean by clever i mean like it's features. Like Smashville, the Animal Crossing stage- could of called it Deathtown or Facepunch City or OMG WATCH OUT FOR SOLID SNAKE'S MISSILE! village, but it's Animal crossing so don't bother. What I like about it is that It uses the Wii's time so at 3:00 at night it will be at night, at 14:00 it will be 14:00 in the stage. And on Saturday, at 19:00, K.K.(K.) plays a live performance for you.

As for my favourite stage I'd say Space Armada, the starfox stage, it's simple, has a great soundtrack in it and All the Starfox characters can do a thing and talk to the other Starfox chr-aracters- thats right, unlockable Starfox characters, Unlucky Fur***s Krystal's not here why don't you draw some Krystal hentai and post it on DevianTART.

So out of Sonic and Snake who is your favourite third party character Vyse?

Vyse: Honestly I don't really like either of them much, I mean Sonic just jumps around like an idiot on his spring, and Snake just keeps throwing out bombs and missiles, both of which I can't be bothered too control or use, and I mean who the heck hides in a box during a match (his taunt for those of you that don't understand,) I mean this is a beat em up, so why hide in a box!?!?! (good tactic then for all our soldiers out at war - hide in a box!) :p

Anyway once you've chosen the two, this is where the fun begins. Now up to four players can compete in a Brawl, any combo of friends and CPU opponents, whom can be put on a set difficulty level, though honestly you could beat most of the lower ones with your eyes closed and asleep they are that rubbish. Now for each battle you can use one of several control schemes to play. You have the Wiimote on itself held sideways, the Wiimote and nunchuk, the classic controller (that from my memory hardly anyone even bought!) and the Gamecube controller. Whichever you pick you can then use a variety of general punches and kicks, grapples or special moves by tilting the stick up, down, or to either side and then press the corresponding button. It's really simple to carry out these moves, so even a novice to the game could get the hang of it really quickly, but if you want to become an expert like Raw (I'd say myself but I'd be lying!) then you have to practice and get used to performing combos and using the stage to your advantage!

Super Smash Bros Brawl - Wii SSBB_Gameplay

(Above) A screenshot showing a four way battle in action

So above is what your typical Brawl match will look like, but well the hell are all those numbers and how do you win a match? Care to explain Raw.

Raw: Certainly. The two numbers next to the fighter is the amount of damage that character has taken. The higher the damage, the more easier it is to KO a foe. Pay attention Ike-***s this is how to win without spamming the same bloody moves over again. To win you simply Get the character out of the stage, all stages have a frame and anyone that goes past it loses, well something it depends on what match type you play. The different type of matches are KO matches were the goal is to get the most KO's (again obviously), survival were the goal is to lose your opponents lives- you can have from 1 to 99 lives and Coin match were you hit the opponents and grab the coins that fall out of them, you lose half of your coin if you lose a life, the person with the most coins at the end of the match wins.

By the way Vyse, Thats a screenshot from a co-op event match. Like in Melee event matches can be played. The first event match is called 'Two Greedy Kings' and what you have to do on single player is you play as Mario and you have to KO Bowser and King Dedede (your right that is a lot of De's) but on co-op it's the same but player 2 plays with Kirby. There are over 40 event matches and this time you can choose the difficulty of it. I obvious chose hard mode because i know what i'm doing and you can unlock more stuff on hard, obviously newcomers will choose easy.

I'll tell you whats hard even for the pro's, believe me it is, the new adventure mode, The Subspace Emissary. Why don't you tell abit about it Vyse?

Vyse: I'd be glad to Raw. Subspace Emissary is the new adventure mode for the series and acts as a side-scrolling platform adventure where you will have to take control of various Brawlers throughout the game and battle your way through the Subspace Army. Before each fight you will be allowed to pick which Brawler you wish to play as, and if you have a friend they can battle through the stages with you (a nice touch I felt!) You will then have to battle your way through numerous locations from the forest, sea of clouds and research facility, and several bosses, such as Petey Piranha and Ridley off Metroid fame with a set number of lives until you reach the end of the stage, where you will reach the world map and be able to continue the story.

So is there a story at all? Well yes there is, and a good one at that. During the initial cutscene you see an awesome battle between Mario and Kirby watched by Zelda, Pit and Peach. Once the fight has concluded the sky turns dark and the Halberd ship appears and fires out little purple like creatures, that soon become an entire army. Upon beating the army, a dark villain appears and detonates a bomb that causes our heroes to become seperated and there the journey begins. The game will then focus on most of the Brawl roster and there battle against the evil forces, to eventually all join forces at the end and fight the master-mind behind the invasion.

Super Smash Bros Brawl - Wii SSBB_Emissary_Gameplay

(Above) Here Mario and Pit fight off against two Primid enemies. You can see your life counter on the left, and the enemies in the top left of the screen.

Now as Raw said this is not easy. At times you will only have to access to one or two characters so you will be forced to play as them, even if you don't like them or aren't very good. The enemies, especially the latter ones, can really kick your ass in particular the final boss Tabuu, (whose one move can instantly kill you,) and add to that being a platform game, you will very often fall through pits, get crushed by moving walls or burnt to a crisp by moving fireballs, now to me this sounds like something out of Indiana Jones than a Smash game but there you go. Anyway when that happens the Brawler you were playing as dies, and you will lose a life. This will happen to you A LOT, and even if you think you are godly at this game, SSE mode may make you think again! Still it's a great addition to Brawl and is one of the key ways to unlock new characters and trophies to your collection, which let's face it you will want to do!

So what else could this game possibly have to make it anymore awesome? Well how about a brilliant online mode. I know Raw for one loves going against loads of Ike players online right buddy? Very Happy Why don't you tell everyone about the online world of Brawl.

Raw: The online mode in Brawl is new to the series. You can face up to 3 of your friends in the 'With friends' section and 3 other people from around the world 'With Anyone' section. You can do normal and team matches with your friends, you can do Multi-man brawls and home-run contests with them also. You can only do Normal and co-op matches on 'With Anyone'. Also on 'With Anyone' there is Spectator mode, a mode where you can watch others fight. This is good for beginners because they can see what good players are and they can use what they saw to use to help them in Brawl. Also in Spectator mode you can bet on someone to win with the coins you get in the game- gambling? this is +12 game. Unfortunately, the only bad thing so far, is that online mode is a complete lag fest, and with all the spammers and Ike-***s out there, it's not going to be fun for the newcomers. So what are you final thoughts on the game Vyse?

Conclusion. Vyse: So what else can really be said about Brawl. Graphically the game is really good, all the stages are full of colour, the Brawlers look perfect with all the little details added, and all the moves look really crisp when being used, (though I guess most people are busying kicking ass to notice that.) The soundtrack is brilliant. Honestly so many wonderful classics have been brought back and either remixed or left as they were, along with plenty of new songs to add to the every growing list, (which I think is something like 300, well it feels like that anyway!) Each stage has several tunes that you can fight too, and you can select which ones you want to hear more often. So take Bridge of Eldin, are you a massive fan of the Dark World theme from ALTTP, (like me,) then you can set that to high and listen to it when you play. Seriously though I love 99% of the songs in here, and if you can't find at least several that you love, there is something wrong with you!

As both me and Raw have been saying there is so much to this game, both with friends, online or even on your own with SSE mode. Each fight is always different and add to that the usage of weapons from baseball bats, pokemon and all kinds of crazy assist trophies, like a Nintendog, to the new Final Smash addition, that once broken in a match, will allow that Brawler to unleash his or her special move. These range from Peach putting everyone on screen to sleep, Pikachu turning into a thunderball, Snake jumping onto a helicopter and frying from his gun and even Fox who calls his Landmaster tank to cause serious damage. Both Final Smashes and weapons can be edited to your liking, but again it's a whole new dimension to already brilliant fights.

So what else can I say but this game rules. It doesn't matter whether you are new to the series or a veteran, everyone can play, and have a brilliant time. So much detail and things to do have been crammed onto the disk, and to unlock everything you will be playing for a LONG time. If you haven't played this game than seriously go out buy a copy, and try it, I assure you, you won't be disappointed! So Raw I'll leave the score and final words in your hands, thanks for reading everyone!

Raw: I just want to finish by saying "I'm going to kill all you Ike ***'s online, you know who you are!" Here's the final points and score.

+ Basically, Nintendo's history in a fight
+ The SSE is fun and will keep you going
+ Some old Smash Bros features, some new Smah Bros features, they are all great
+ Plenty to unlock
- Online could of been better.

Overall - 10/10

business opportunity
stainless steel air motor pneumatic high torque fully sealed
Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Brawl - Wii
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum